Skip to main content

MADONNA - Madonna adds 2nd show: ‘Concert for Peace’

 
Queen of Pop sets additional date in attempt to use universality of music to draw attention to peace efforts in the Middle East.
Not content with opening her upcoming MDNA world tour in Israel on May 29, pop icon Madonna announced Wednesday that she would be giving an additional show on May 31, under the banner "Concert for Peace." Both shows will take place at Ramat Gan Stadium.
"Music is so universal and If there's any chance that through my performance I can bring further attention and enlightenment to honor the peace efforts in the Middle East and help people come together, it would be an honor for me. It is my way of thanking those who are making so much effort toward bringing peace to the Middle East," said Madonna in a statement simultaneously posted on her fan club website and released by promoter Shuki Weiss.
To make the concert title more concrete, Madonna is arranging for organizations in Israel working toward those goals to receive tickets to the show. According to the statement released by Weiss, the names of the organizations and individuals have not been finalized.
For the general public, tickets for the second show will be available beginning Friday at 10 am through the Castel and Eventim ticket agencies, and will be available at the reduced price of NIS 240. Tickets for the first show have sold out, except for some pricey VIP packages.
According to Weiss, hundreds of media representatives from around the world will be accompanying Madonna and her 350-person entourage, including performers (with her daughter Lourdes as one of her dancers), stage and technical crew to Israel. And among the 30,000 tickets sold to the tour debut were over 2,000 travel packages, including hotel accommodations, for tourists arriving from abroad.
Madonna last appeared in Israel in 2009, closing her "Sticky and Sweet" tour, which became the second-highest grossing tour of all time with $408 million in receipts, in Israel. Between two other tour appearances and visits to attend events at the Tel Aviv Kabbala Center, she has been a frequent visitor and pro-Israel advocate.
The fact that she chose Israel to begin her world tour and will be arriving a week early to hold rehearsals has been seen as a boost for the country, which has witnessed some performers canceling shows and others opting not to appear here at all.
At age 54, she shows no signs of slowing down, having appeared before 112 million people in February during the Super Bowl halftime show. Her new album, MDNA, is slated to be released next week, but MTV reported Wednesday that the anticipated album had been leaked online. Tracks include “Turn Up the Radio,” “Gang Bang,” “I'm Addicted" and “I F**ked Up."
-JerusalemPost

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Madonna Nipple During Istanbul Concert

#Madonna Flashes Titty on #MNDAtour!!! Photos, Gifs and Full Video of  Human Nature  and  Like a Virgin :  Always the burlesque girl.

Madonna Started Filming The "Bedtime Story" Video on December 5 1994.

The inspiration behind the video. Hello everyone! This month’s music video to be analyzed is the for “Bedtime Story”, While this video is tricky for its various sources of inspiration, it’s one of her best, if not  the   best, and an underrated one by most fans. I am sure that, after reading all of this, you’ll find yourself more in love with the true artist Madonna really is. Madonna called upon “Rain” director Mark Romanek to do the music video for “Bedtime Story” after she saw what he had done with Nine Inch Nails’ “Closer”. As she always does, she listened to the song over and over again, trying to think of a concept for a video. The theme she held on to for this one was dreams, it’s meaning, concepts, imagery and works based on it. She’s a huge fan of surrealistic art, in which lots of paintings deal about dreaming, or allude to something unfathomable in real life. She held to that and brought that concept to Romanek, that really liked the idea and wanted to add ...

Rolling Stone - June 13, 1991 - Flesh and Fantasy - Big Time Girl Talk with Carrie Fisher

Madonna and I had met many times over the years, but we had never actually had a conversation. It took this interview to bring us together – she as icon, I as inquisitor of icon [after all, I have already distinguished myself as friend of icon, relative of icon and ex-wife of icon]. I had never done an interview before, and I don’t know that I will again. For me, this has all the makings of a waterloo. The first of the two sessions for this interview took place in the restaurant of the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles. Madonna wore gold lame; I probably wore black. The last session took place in the offices of her manager, Freddy DeMann. Madonna wore a negligee; I probably wore black. I was late for that first meeting because a friend who had AIDS and who was staying with me had suddenly developed a fever. I called Madonna to say I was on my way. “You’re late,” she informed me. I explained about my friend. “Well, okay, that’s a good excuse,” she said. By the time of our fina...