Skip to main content

Madonna on stage: the most memorable moments of her career...

Here are some of the highlights from Madonna's live concerts:


Swastika
Madonna recently put on an unforgettable show at the Stade de France on July 14, but it was a giant photograph of French right wing politician Marine Le Pen with a swastika on her forehead, in a montage for the song "Nobody Knows Me," that got the crowd going and the press talking: www.youtube.com/watch?v=w65ZuR1Nrto

Superwoman
Madonna was in charge of entertaining the crowd during the half-time of the 2012 Super Bowl, and she didn't disappoint. Her outfit was spectacular, and her moves, including splits, were pretty impressive for a 53-year-old: www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgpaMlC1MHQ

Dancing queen
At the Grammy Awards in 2006, the Queen of Pop was 47, and she hadn't lost her touch on the dance floor, as her performance to her song "Hung Up" demonstrates: www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlKqu322eJc

Bush bashing
The superstar put on a show in 2004 in the Portuguese capital of Lisbon, showing off her incredible fitness level along with some political commentary. Her song "American Life" vehemently condemns the George Bush administration and the war in Iraq: www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA0HiiRQ3us
The kiss
In 2003, Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears honored their elder by covering her greatest hits. Madonna seemed to have appreciated the gesture, since she walked to the stage while singing "Hollywood" and kissed both singers: www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUaiyBr7wqQ
Like a virgin... Mary
In 1989, Madonna released "Like a Prayer," which drew the ire of the Christian community. Here she is, on stage, clad in the outfit that shocked the Church (it also happens to be one of the least revealing in her wardrobe): www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ_RBZCo7Yw
No limit
On the set of the MTV Video Music Awards in 1984, Madonna sang "Like a Virgin" in a wedding dress, wearing a belt that read "boy toy" and doing some in lascivious choreography. She concluded her routine by rolling on the floor. In 1990 in Toronto, she turned it up a notch by singing her song in a bed and performing explicit moves. She shocked the world, but the record she was promoting went on to sell 21 million copies, so it's another case of mission accomplished. The videos are worth a look:www.youtube.com/watch?v=P16QYhc3Aw0 and www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8ceoEq1dZU

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Madonna Nipple During Istanbul Concert

#Madonna Flashes Titty on #MNDAtour!!! Photos, Gifs and Full Video of  Human Nature  and  Like a Virgin :  Always the burlesque girl.

Madonna Started Filming The "Bedtime Story" Video on December 5 1994.

The inspiration behind the video. Hello everyone! This month’s music video to be analyzed is the for “Bedtime Story”, While this video is tricky for its various sources of inspiration, it’s one of her best, if not  the   best, and an underrated one by most fans. I am sure that, after reading all of this, you’ll find yourself more in love with the true artist Madonna really is. Madonna called upon “Rain” director Mark Romanek to do the music video for “Bedtime Story” after she saw what he had done with Nine Inch Nails’ “Closer”. As she always does, she listened to the song over and over again, trying to think of a concept for a video. The theme she held on to for this one was dreams, it’s meaning, concepts, imagery and works based on it. She’s a huge fan of surrealistic art, in which lots of paintings deal about dreaming, or allude to something unfathomable in real life. She held to that and brought that concept to Romanek, that really liked the idea and wanted to add ...

Rolling Stone - June 13, 1991 - Flesh and Fantasy - Big Time Girl Talk with Carrie Fisher

Madonna and I had met many times over the years, but we had never actually had a conversation. It took this interview to bring us together – she as icon, I as inquisitor of icon [after all, I have already distinguished myself as friend of icon, relative of icon and ex-wife of icon]. I had never done an interview before, and I don’t know that I will again. For me, this has all the makings of a waterloo. The first of the two sessions for this interview took place in the restaurant of the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles. Madonna wore gold lame; I probably wore black. The last session took place in the offices of her manager, Freddy DeMann. Madonna wore a negligee; I probably wore black. I was late for that first meeting because a friend who had AIDS and who was staying with me had suddenly developed a fever. I called Madonna to say I was on my way. “You’re late,” she informed me. I explained about my friend. “Well, okay, that’s a good excuse,” she said. By the time of our fina...