Skip to main content

On March 24 1997: "Another Suitcase in Another Hall" was released as the third hit from the soundtrack to Evita.



"Another Suitcase in Another Hall" was released as a European single, and was the third European hit from the soundtrack to Evita. The single includes three other tracks from the film, resulting in its being more of a mini-hits package than anything else. Included is the album version of the song, which finds Madonna giving an understated and inspired performance. The single edit of the dance version of "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" is included, as well as the soundtrack's first hit, "You Must Love Me," both of which were hits in the U.S. To round out the package is the soundtrack's "Hello and Goodbye." "Another Suitcase in Another Hall," although a small hit in Europe, is virtually unknown to American audiences (unless one is a fan of the musical). One hopes that this overlooked gem might find its way onto future Madonna hits collections, because it is truly a wonderful song.

Written by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice
Produced by Nigel Wright, Alan Parker, 

Andrew Lloyd Webber and David CaddickVocals by Madonna














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Madonna Nipple During Istanbul Concert

#Madonna Flashes Titty on #MNDAtour!!! Photos, Gifs and Full Video of  Human Nature  and  Like a Virgin :  Always the burlesque girl.

Madonna Started Filming The "Bedtime Story" Video on December 5 1994.

The inspiration behind the video. Hello everyone! This month’s music video to be analyzed is the for “Bedtime Story”, While this video is tricky for its various sources of inspiration, it’s one of her best, if not  the   best, and an underrated one by most fans. I am sure that, after reading all of this, you’ll find yourself more in love with the true artist Madonna really is. Madonna called upon “Rain” director Mark Romanek to do the music video for “Bedtime Story” after she saw what he had done with Nine Inch Nails’ “Closer”. As she always does, she listened to the song over and over again, trying to think of a concept for a video. The theme she held on to for this one was dreams, it’s meaning, concepts, imagery and works based on it. She’s a huge fan of surrealistic art, in which lots of paintings deal about dreaming, or allude to something unfathomable in real life. She held to that and brought that concept to Romanek, that really liked the idea and wanted to add ...

Rolling Stone - June 13, 1991 - Flesh and Fantasy - Big Time Girl Talk with Carrie Fisher

Madonna and I had met many times over the years, but we had never actually had a conversation. It took this interview to bring us together – she as icon, I as inquisitor of icon [after all, I have already distinguished myself as friend of icon, relative of icon and ex-wife of icon]. I had never done an interview before, and I don’t know that I will again. For me, this has all the makings of a waterloo. The first of the two sessions for this interview took place in the restaurant of the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles. Madonna wore gold lame; I probably wore black. The last session took place in the offices of her manager, Freddy DeMann. Madonna wore a negligee; I probably wore black. I was late for that first meeting because a friend who had AIDS and who was staying with me had suddenly developed a fever. I called Madonna to say I was on my way. “You’re late,” she informed me. I explained about my friend. “Well, okay, that’s a good excuse,” she said. By the time of our fina...