Skip to main content

November 21, 2000 // "Don't Tell Me" was released as the second single from Madonna's eighth studio album "Music"

"Don't Tell Me" is a song by Madonna from her eighth studio album Music (2000). It was written by Madonna, Mirwais Ahmadzaï and Joe Henry, while being produced by the former two. "Don't Tell Me" is a country and dance song, with elements of trip hop and folk within its composition, and its lyrical content features "don't-tell-me-what-to-do" lyrics, where Madonna asks her lover to not tell her who she should love, or how she should love. It was released as the second single from the album on November 21, 2000 by Maverick Records. The song was also included on the compilation albums GHV2 (2001) and Celebration (2009).
"Don't Tell Me" received positive reviews from music critics, who cited the song as one of the album's standout and praised Madonna's "soulful" vocals performance. Madonna also received comparisons to Sheryl Crow on the track. It was commercially successful, reaching the number one in Canada, Italy and New Zealand, as well as the top five in several regions. In the United States, "Don't Tell Me" reached number four on the BillboardHot 100 and was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA); She became tie with The Beatles and stayed only behind Elvis Presley for the most top-ten singles and most gold singles in the history.
Image result for madonna dont tell me
The accompanying music video for "Don't Tell Me" was directed by Jean-Baptiste Mondino and featured Madonna as a cowgirl walking down an automated treadmill walkway in front of a projection screen, with cowboys dancing and playing on the sand in the video played on the screen behind her. The video received two nominations on the 2001 MTV Video Music Awards, while also being nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Music Video, Short Form. Madonna performed the song live on the Drowned World Tour, Re-Invention World Tour and Rebel Heart Tour, and also as a mashup with Miley Cyrus' song "We Can't Stop" when she appeared on Cyrus' MTV Unplugged special. A number of references to the song and cover versions were made.
Image result for madonna dont tell me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Madonna Nipple During Istanbul Concert

#Madonna Flashes Titty on #MNDAtour!!! Photos, Gifs and Full Video of  Human Nature  and  Like a Virgin :  Always the burlesque girl.

Madonna Started Filming The "Bedtime Story" Video on December 5 1994.

The inspiration behind the video. Hello everyone! This month’s music video to be analyzed is the for “Bedtime Story”, While this video is tricky for its various sources of inspiration, it’s one of her best, if not  the   best, and an underrated one by most fans. I am sure that, after reading all of this, you’ll find yourself more in love with the true artist Madonna really is. Madonna called upon “Rain” director Mark Romanek to do the music video for “Bedtime Story” after she saw what he had done with Nine Inch Nails’ “Closer”. As she always does, she listened to the song over and over again, trying to think of a concept for a video. The theme she held on to for this one was dreams, it’s meaning, concepts, imagery and works based on it. She’s a huge fan of surrealistic art, in which lots of paintings deal about dreaming, or allude to something unfathomable in real life. She held to that and brought that concept to Romanek, that really liked the idea and wanted to add ...

Rolling Stone - June 13, 1991 - Flesh and Fantasy - Big Time Girl Talk with Carrie Fisher

Madonna and I had met many times over the years, but we had never actually had a conversation. It took this interview to bring us together – she as icon, I as inquisitor of icon [after all, I have already distinguished myself as friend of icon, relative of icon and ex-wife of icon]. I had never done an interview before, and I don’t know that I will again. For me, this has all the makings of a waterloo. The first of the two sessions for this interview took place in the restaurant of the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles. Madonna wore gold lame; I probably wore black. The last session took place in the offices of her manager, Freddy DeMann. Madonna wore a negligee; I probably wore black. I was late for that first meeting because a friend who had AIDS and who was staying with me had suddenly developed a fever. I called Madonna to say I was on my way. “You’re late,” she informed me. I explained about my friend. “Well, okay, that’s a good excuse,” she said. By the time of our fina...