Skip to main content

February 11th 2003, the Swept Away movie is released on DVD in USA.


"Where am I gonna find a fucking washing machine on a deserted island?!"


Release

Released as: Swept Away
Released in theatres: Oct. 11th, 2002 (US); Jan.-May 2003 (Europe)
Released on DVD: Feb. 11th, 2003
Runtime: 93 minutes
Genre: Comedy/Drama
MPAA rating: Rated R for language and some sexuality/nudity.
Box office: $ 553,102 (US)
Official site: Swept Away


Synopsis

Amber (Madonna) is a spoiled rich bitch who's far from impressed when her husband Tony (Bruce Greenwood) takes her on holiday on a luxury yacht. While Amber and her high-society friends enjoy their luxury, they take pleasure in humiliating the crew members. Especially Guiseppe (Adriano Giannini) has a difficult time dealing with Amber's demands. But then one day, when Guiseppe takes Amber on a boat trip, their engine fails and they get shipwrecked on a deserted island. Instantly the roles are reversed, when Amber all of a sudden finds herself dependent on the goodwill of Guiseppe to provide her with food. Knowing he's in charge now, it's payback time for Guiseppe and he makes Amber to his servant, even if he has to use violence. Until they fall in love...

US working title: Love, Sex, Drugs and Money
Directed by: Guy Ritchie
Original screenplay ('Travolti da un insolito destino nell'azzurro mare d'agosto') written by: Lina Wertmüller
Screenplay adaptation by: Guy Ritchie 
Produced by: Adam Bohling; David Reid; Matthew Vaughn 
Production company: Ska Films
Location: Malta and Sardinia
Date of filming: 1 Oct. 2001 - 9 Nov. 2001
Budget: $ 10 million

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Madonna Nipple During Istanbul Concert

#Madonna Flashes Titty on #MNDAtour!!! Photos, Gifs and Full Video of  Human Nature  and  Like a Virgin :  Always the burlesque girl.

Madonna Started Filming The "Bedtime Story" Video on December 5 1994.

The inspiration behind the video. Hello everyone! This month’s music video to be analyzed is the for “Bedtime Story”, While this video is tricky for its various sources of inspiration, it’s one of her best, if not  the   best, and an underrated one by most fans. I am sure that, after reading all of this, you’ll find yourself more in love with the true artist Madonna really is. Madonna called upon “Rain” director Mark Romanek to do the music video for “Bedtime Story” after she saw what he had done with Nine Inch Nails’ “Closer”. As she always does, she listened to the song over and over again, trying to think of a concept for a video. The theme she held on to for this one was dreams, it’s meaning, concepts, imagery and works based on it. She’s a huge fan of surrealistic art, in which lots of paintings deal about dreaming, or allude to something unfathomable in real life. She held to that and brought that concept to Romanek, that really liked the idea and wanted to add ...

Rolling Stone - June 13, 1991 - Flesh and Fantasy - Big Time Girl Talk with Carrie Fisher

Madonna and I had met many times over the years, but we had never actually had a conversation. It took this interview to bring us together – she as icon, I as inquisitor of icon [after all, I have already distinguished myself as friend of icon, relative of icon and ex-wife of icon]. I had never done an interview before, and I don’t know that I will again. For me, this has all the makings of a waterloo. The first of the two sessions for this interview took place in the restaurant of the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles. Madonna wore gold lame; I probably wore black. The last session took place in the offices of her manager, Freddy DeMann. Madonna wore a negligee; I probably wore black. I was late for that first meeting because a friend who had AIDS and who was staying with me had suddenly developed a fever. I called Madonna to say I was on my way. “You’re late,” she informed me. I explained about my friend. “Well, okay, that’s a good excuse,” she said. By the time of our fina...