Skip to main content

28 February 2016 // Rebel Heart Tour - Madonna censored her own show in Singapore.

Madonna censored her own show in Singapore…
She might be on her Rebel Heart Tour, but when it came to meeting the Media Development Authority (MDA) guidelines the Queen of Pop was a little less than rebellious.
For the Singapore leg of her tour, Madonna performed a modified opening segment of her tour, cutting out the songs Iconic, Holy Water and Devil Pray before launching into the second segment. The cut songs are usually performed in the first of four segments of the concert, also known as the Joan of Arc / Samurai section.
The video introduction of the concert was also modified, with the cross-adorned portion of the staves held by dancers removed.

Madonna’s Rebel Heart concert in Singapore costs US$10m, organisers confirm

SINGAPORE, Feb 17 — Madonna’s Rebel Heart concert in Singapore is costing its Taiwanese investors US$10 million (RM42 million).
One of the concert’s two investors, James Lee, revealed the eye-watering figure in an interview with The Straits Times yesterday.

The chief executive of Kinglun International Holdings — a Taiwan-based property company — said the cost included airfreight for the queen of pop’s 27 containers with stage, lighting and wardrobe.
The property magnate, however, said that the biggest challenge for the organisers was convincing the Singapore government to green light the concert.
This will be the first time that Madonna is performing in Singapore.
She was slated to bring her Girlie Show World Tour to the island nation in 1993, but authorities banned her concert.
According to a statement from the Media Development Authority (MDA) last month, Madonna is not allowed to perform the song Holy Water, and the show has been given an R18 rating.
Lee admitted that the organisers were concerned that the conditions may put off Madonna from performing in Singapore.
“But surprisingly, she not only agreed to come, but she is willing to change the content just for the Singapore audience,” Lee was quoted as saying by the Singapore national daily.
Lee said that the segment in which Madonna performs a medley of Holy Water and Vogue would be “amended” rather than “removed”.
While unclear if there will be other changes to the concert, he was keen to put a positive spin to it.
“What I can tell the Singapore audience is that they will not lose any part of the experience, but I think they should be happy because they’re going to see something different from other parts of the world,” Lee added.
Madonna’s Rebel Heart concert will take place at Singapore’s National Stadium on February 28.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Madonna Nipple During Istanbul Concert

#Madonna Flashes Titty on #MNDAtour!!! Photos, Gifs and Full Video of  Human Nature  and  Like a Virgin :  Always the burlesque girl.

Madonna Started Filming The "Bedtime Story" Video on December 5 1994.

The inspiration behind the video. Hello everyone! This month’s music video to be analyzed is the for “Bedtime Story”, While this video is tricky for its various sources of inspiration, it’s one of her best, if not  the   best, and an underrated one by most fans. I am sure that, after reading all of this, you’ll find yourself more in love with the true artist Madonna really is. Madonna called upon “Rain” director Mark Romanek to do the music video for “Bedtime Story” after she saw what he had done with Nine Inch Nails’ “Closer”. As she always does, she listened to the song over and over again, trying to think of a concept for a video. The theme she held on to for this one was dreams, it’s meaning, concepts, imagery and works based on it. She’s a huge fan of surrealistic art, in which lots of paintings deal about dreaming, or allude to something unfathomable in real life. She held to that and brought that concept to Romanek, that really liked the idea and wanted to add ...

Rolling Stone - June 13, 1991 - Flesh and Fantasy - Big Time Girl Talk with Carrie Fisher

Madonna and I had met many times over the years, but we had never actually had a conversation. It took this interview to bring us together – she as icon, I as inquisitor of icon [after all, I have already distinguished myself as friend of icon, relative of icon and ex-wife of icon]. I had never done an interview before, and I don’t know that I will again. For me, this has all the makings of a waterloo. The first of the two sessions for this interview took place in the restaurant of the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles. Madonna wore gold lame; I probably wore black. The last session took place in the offices of her manager, Freddy DeMann. Madonna wore a negligee; I probably wore black. I was late for that first meeting because a friend who had AIDS and who was staying with me had suddenly developed a fever. I called Madonna to say I was on my way. “You’re late,” she informed me. I explained about my friend. “Well, okay, that’s a good excuse,” she said. By the time of our fina...