Skip to main content

April 1 2012, Madonna achieved her 12th UK #1 album with MDNA, overtaking Elvis Presley as the solo artist with the most chart-topping albums of all-time in Great Britain.



Madonna has added another Guinness World Records title to her collection after her latest album MDNA went straight in at No.1 in the UK charts at the weekend.
It marks the 12th time the singer has reached the top spot with a long-player, making her the most successful solo artist ever on the UK album charts, edging past Elvis Presley's record of 11 No.1 albums.
Madonna's No.1 albums (Like a Virgin, True Blue, Like a Prayer, The Immaculate Collection, Evita (film soundtrack), Ray of Light, Music, American Life, Confessions on a Dance Floor, Hard Candy, Celebration and MDNA) have spent 30 cumulative weeks at No.1 - more than any other solo female on the UK albums chart.
Elvis Presley has had 11 UK No.1 albums (Rock 'n Roll, Loving You (film soundtrack), King Creole (film soundtrack), Elvis is Back!, G.I. Blues (film soundtrack), Blue Hawaii (film soundtrack), Pot Luck, From Elvis in Memphis, 40 Greatest, Elv1s - 30 #1 Hits, The King).
Madonna still trails The Beatles for the most No.1 albums on UK chart by a single act, with the Fab Four having notched up an incredible 15 No.1 albums
Nevertheless, the 53-year-old can rightly claim the title of the queen of pop, with the star currently holding 20 world records including the highest grossing music tour per concert by a female artist for her 60-date 2006 'Confessions' tour and the top-selling female recording artist of all time, with record sales in excess of 75 million in the USA and 200 million abroad.
The star's most recent entry into the record books came in February when she set a new record for the largest TV audience for a Super Bowl half-time performance. Her set, which included guest appearances from hip-hop star's Nicki Minaj and MIA, attracted 114 million viewers - a larger figure than the actual match itself which saw the New York Giants defeat the New England Patriots.
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Madonna Nipple During Istanbul Concert

#Madonna Flashes Titty on #MNDAtour!!! Photos, Gifs and Full Video of  Human Nature  and  Like a Virgin :  Always the burlesque girl.

Madonna Started Filming The "Bedtime Story" Video on December 5 1994.

The inspiration behind the video. Hello everyone! This month’s music video to be analyzed is the for “Bedtime Story”, While this video is tricky for its various sources of inspiration, it’s one of her best, if not  the   best, and an underrated one by most fans. I am sure that, after reading all of this, you’ll find yourself more in love with the true artist Madonna really is. Madonna called upon “Rain” director Mark Romanek to do the music video for “Bedtime Story” after she saw what he had done with Nine Inch Nails’ “Closer”. As she always does, she listened to the song over and over again, trying to think of a concept for a video. The theme she held on to for this one was dreams, it’s meaning, concepts, imagery and works based on it. She’s a huge fan of surrealistic art, in which lots of paintings deal about dreaming, or allude to something unfathomable in real life. She held to that and brought that concept to Romanek, that really liked the idea and wanted to add ...

Rolling Stone - June 13, 1991 - Flesh and Fantasy - Big Time Girl Talk with Carrie Fisher

Madonna and I had met many times over the years, but we had never actually had a conversation. It took this interview to bring us together – she as icon, I as inquisitor of icon [after all, I have already distinguished myself as friend of icon, relative of icon and ex-wife of icon]. I had never done an interview before, and I don’t know that I will again. For me, this has all the makings of a waterloo. The first of the two sessions for this interview took place in the restaurant of the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles. Madonna wore gold lame; I probably wore black. The last session took place in the offices of her manager, Freddy DeMann. Madonna wore a negligee; I probably wore black. I was late for that first meeting because a friend who had AIDS and who was staying with me had suddenly developed a fever. I called Madonna to say I was on my way. “You’re late,” she informed me. I explained about my friend. “Well, okay, that’s a good excuse,” she said. By the time of our fina...