Skip to main content

Live Nation head of global touring, Arthur Fogel, has said that Madonna’s upcoming US concert tour is on track to be one of the top-grossing outings on record.



So far, 653,000 tickets to the 43 North American dates have sold and about 30,000 tickets remain available for the tour’s 36 US shows.
Fogel said most of those are either single tickets or seats that are set aside for disabled concertgoers: “We are inches from sellout everywhere.”
Tickets for US dates went on sale in mid-February and range in price from around $45 to more than $350. Some premium-priced ticket packages run at $600 per person.
Fogel also said that the 30% of ticket buyers who had signed up for a free copy of the singer’s most recent album, MDNA – a deal only available in the US - was a high acceptance rate for such offers.
According to Nielsen SoundScan the free-album offer fueled a healthy first week for MDNA, which reported 359,000 copies sold in the US, Live Nation said that between 200,000 and 250,000 of those sales represented albums given away with concert tickets.
In subsequent weeks, the album’s sales have slowed, and it has now sold a total 456,000 copies in six weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Madonna Nipple During Istanbul Concert

#Madonna Flashes Titty on #MNDAtour!!! Photos, Gifs and Full Video of  Human Nature  and  Like a Virgin :  Always the burlesque girl.

Madonna Started Filming The "Bedtime Story" Video on December 5 1994.

The inspiration behind the video. Hello everyone! This month’s music video to be analyzed is the for “Bedtime Story”, While this video is tricky for its various sources of inspiration, it’s one of her best, if not  the   best, and an underrated one by most fans. I am sure that, after reading all of this, you’ll find yourself more in love with the true artist Madonna really is. Madonna called upon “Rain” director Mark Romanek to do the music video for “Bedtime Story” after she saw what he had done with Nine Inch Nails’ “Closer”. As she always does, she listened to the song over and over again, trying to think of a concept for a video. The theme she held on to for this one was dreams, it’s meaning, concepts, imagery and works based on it. She’s a huge fan of surrealistic art, in which lots of paintings deal about dreaming, or allude to something unfathomable in real life. She held to that and brought that concept to Romanek, that really liked the idea and wanted to add ...

Rolling Stone - June 13, 1991 - Flesh and Fantasy - Big Time Girl Talk with Carrie Fisher

Madonna and I had met many times over the years, but we had never actually had a conversation. It took this interview to bring us together – she as icon, I as inquisitor of icon [after all, I have already distinguished myself as friend of icon, relative of icon and ex-wife of icon]. I had never done an interview before, and I don’t know that I will again. For me, this has all the makings of a waterloo. The first of the two sessions for this interview took place in the restaurant of the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles. Madonna wore gold lame; I probably wore black. The last session took place in the offices of her manager, Freddy DeMann. Madonna wore a negligee; I probably wore black. I was late for that first meeting because a friend who had AIDS and who was staying with me had suddenly developed a fever. I called Madonna to say I was on my way. “You’re late,” she informed me. I explained about my friend. “Well, okay, that’s a good excuse,” she said. By the time of our fina...