Skip to main content

Lola’s Latest: The Joys of Folding Underwear

Aloha to all, I trust your summers were spent well and you got nothing very productive done because that’s usually how I spend mine. If you’re someone who leaves summer reading to the last week 
of summer you know what I’m talking about. Actually this summer I was SURPRISINGLY productive. So, I thought I would tell you all about the joys of folding underwear. As you probably know this woman I like to call my mother went on tour for her MDNA album. As a summer job I decided to work in the wardrobe department. All of my friends were getting summer jobs and I wanted one too. Mine was a little unconventional but still a great experience and a lot of fun. Being in the wardrobe department meant me and a few other girls dressed the dancers during the show when they had quick changes. Thirty seconds to totally dress a sweaty dancer can be insane and provoke mucho anxiety. Doing this night after night was pretty cray, but I loved every minute of it!




Besides being able to travel the world and visiting all these amazing countries (my favorites were Amsterdam, Copenhagen and Turkey) it’s really a great experience to be able to work on a large production, traveling around like a family, setting up for an amazing show and all having the same purpose. I developed really good relationships with a number of people, not just in wardrobe but in other departments too. Dancers, singers, sound crew, catering, etc. To be able to be a part of such an inspiring production was one of my best summers so far.




























summer coming and leaving faster than you can say ohmygoditsaflyingpigwithgreenfeetandnobutthole, the school year has officially started for those you who are still students. When I get ready for school in the moring I move at a slothlike pace and music gets me slightly more motivated.




Here are a few fave songs that I would recommend:

-Lana Del Rey; National Anthem

-Yeah Yeah Yeah; Heads will roll ( A-Track Remix)

-Slightly Stoopid; Closer to the sun

-Skrillex; Kyoto

-Peaches; Mommy Complex

-Neon Indian; Hex Girlfriend

-Grimes; Oblivion

-Fiona Apple; Criminal

-Friends; Friend Crush.

Okee so those are a few of my idontwanttogotoschoolbutiwillforcemyselfto

sounds. As for back to school clothes – my go-to article of clothing has been American Apparel’s circle scarf. It’s so versatile – there are tons of ways you can wear it.

Hope all of you guys had and are having a great start to your school year always remember to choose hugs not drugs because THAT’S always been MY moto.

Stay in school bitches and make sure you are getting proper nutrients all day urrday.

PEACE!

Lola.xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Madonna Nipple During Istanbul Concert

#Madonna Flashes Titty on #MNDAtour!!! Photos, Gifs and Full Video of  Human Nature  and  Like a Virgin :  Always the burlesque girl.

Madonna Started Filming The "Bedtime Story" Video on December 5 1994.

The inspiration behind the video. Hello everyone! This month’s music video to be analyzed is the for “Bedtime Story”, While this video is tricky for its various sources of inspiration, it’s one of her best, if not  the   best, and an underrated one by most fans. I am sure that, after reading all of this, you’ll find yourself more in love with the true artist Madonna really is. Madonna called upon “Rain” director Mark Romanek to do the music video for “Bedtime Story” after she saw what he had done with Nine Inch Nails’ “Closer”. As she always does, she listened to the song over and over again, trying to think of a concept for a video. The theme she held on to for this one was dreams, it’s meaning, concepts, imagery and works based on it. She’s a huge fan of surrealistic art, in which lots of paintings deal about dreaming, or allude to something unfathomable in real life. She held to that and brought that concept to Romanek, that really liked the idea and wanted to add ...

Rolling Stone - June 13, 1991 - Flesh and Fantasy - Big Time Girl Talk with Carrie Fisher

Madonna and I had met many times over the years, but we had never actually had a conversation. It took this interview to bring us together – she as icon, I as inquisitor of icon [after all, I have already distinguished myself as friend of icon, relative of icon and ex-wife of icon]. I had never done an interview before, and I don’t know that I will again. For me, this has all the makings of a waterloo. The first of the two sessions for this interview took place in the restaurant of the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles. Madonna wore gold lame; I probably wore black. The last session took place in the offices of her manager, Freddy DeMann. Madonna wore a negligee; I probably wore black. I was late for that first meeting because a friend who had AIDS and who was staying with me had suddenly developed a fever. I called Madonna to say I was on my way. “You’re late,” she informed me. I explained about my friend. “Well, okay, that’s a good excuse,” she said. By the time of our fina...