Skip to main content

Madonna concerts outsell Lady Gaga in Latin America

Queen of Pop Madonna's concert tickets have reportedly outsold pop star Lady Gaga in Latin America. The statistic is even more surprising when taking into account the fact that tickets for Madonna's MDNA shows are three times as expensive as those for Gaga's concerts. The 26-year-old Judas hitmaker Gaga's South American dates have had lacklustre sales considering the size of the venues she was booked into.


Gaga claimed her Peru show had an audience of 50,000, whereas actual ticket sales were reported to be around 17,000, with many tickets for the show being given away free as part of a buy-one-get-one-free deal.
Many of Gaga's Latin American shows also suffered from similarly low turnouts. However, Madonna regularly played in the same area to sold-out crowds of more than 55,000.
Gaga's tours have fared much better in Europe and South Africa, and the she is set to launch her Born This Way Ball tour in North America next month.
The singing stars have been engaged in a feud after Madonna began bringing attention to the similarities between her song Express Yourself and Gaga's Born This Way on her most recent tour.
Gaga was also reported to have turned down an offer to perform with Madonna on the MDNA tour.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Madonna Nipple During Istanbul Concert

#Madonna Flashes Titty on #MNDAtour!!! Photos, Gifs and Full Video of  Human Nature  and  Like a Virgin :  Always the burlesque girl.

Madonna Started Filming The "Bedtime Story" Video on December 5 1994.

The inspiration behind the video. Hello everyone! This month’s music video to be analyzed is the for “Bedtime Story”, While this video is tricky for its various sources of inspiration, it’s one of her best, if not  the   best, and an underrated one by most fans. I am sure that, after reading all of this, you’ll find yourself more in love with the true artist Madonna really is. Madonna called upon “Rain” director Mark Romanek to do the music video for “Bedtime Story” after she saw what he had done with Nine Inch Nails’ “Closer”. As she always does, she listened to the song over and over again, trying to think of a concept for a video. The theme she held on to for this one was dreams, it’s meaning, concepts, imagery and works based on it. She’s a huge fan of surrealistic art, in which lots of paintings deal about dreaming, or allude to something unfathomable in real life. She held to that and brought that concept to Romanek, that really liked the idea and wanted to add ...

Rolling Stone - June 13, 1991 - Flesh and Fantasy - Big Time Girl Talk with Carrie Fisher

Madonna and I had met many times over the years, but we had never actually had a conversation. It took this interview to bring us together – she as icon, I as inquisitor of icon [after all, I have already distinguished myself as friend of icon, relative of icon and ex-wife of icon]. I had never done an interview before, and I don’t know that I will again. For me, this has all the makings of a waterloo. The first of the two sessions for this interview took place in the restaurant of the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles. Madonna wore gold lame; I probably wore black. The last session took place in the offices of her manager, Freddy DeMann. Madonna wore a negligee; I probably wore black. I was late for that first meeting because a friend who had AIDS and who was staying with me had suddenly developed a fever. I called Madonna to say I was on my way. “You’re late,” she informed me. I explained about my friend. “Well, okay, that’s a good excuse,” she said. By the time of our fina...