Skip to main content

Madge blasted by Malawi president



Madonna visiting Malawi
Hugs ... Madonna at an orphanage in Malawi
MALAWI’S president has savaged Madonna, accusing her of making “the poor dance for her”.
Joyce Banda hit out as the star visited the tiny African state this week.
Madonna set up Raising Malawi after adopting son David Banda there in 2006 and daughter Mercy James in 2009.
Malawi president Joyce Banda
Furious ... President Banda

But Mrs Banda claimed the singer reneged of a pledge to build a £10million academy for girls and opted to build 10 schools — without consulting officials.
She said: “Where are the ten schools she has built?
“In some cases she just renovated an already existing block. No one should just come here and say ‘I’m building a classroom’ without needs assessment.
“It is an insult to the people.”
But Trevor Neilson, who manages Madonna’s charitable work, last night provided details of the schools built by her project.
He added: “Every single one of the schools is a free standing structure.”
The Who’s That Girl singer also posted a picture of her and daughter Lourdes, 16. cuddling orphans on their trip.


Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4873788/Malawi-leader-blasts-Madonna-over-aid-pledges.html#ixzz2PYJ75MzN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Madonna Nipple During Istanbul Concert

#Madonna Flashes Titty on #MNDAtour!!! Photos, Gifs and Full Video of  Human Nature  and  Like a Virgin :  Always the burlesque girl.

Madonna Started Filming The "Bedtime Story" Video on December 5 1994.

The inspiration behind the video. Hello everyone! This month’s music video to be analyzed is the for “Bedtime Story”, While this video is tricky for its various sources of inspiration, it’s one of her best, if not  the   best, and an underrated one by most fans. I am sure that, after reading all of this, you’ll find yourself more in love with the true artist Madonna really is. Madonna called upon “Rain” director Mark Romanek to do the music video for “Bedtime Story” after she saw what he had done with Nine Inch Nails’ “Closer”. As she always does, she listened to the song over and over again, trying to think of a concept for a video. The theme she held on to for this one was dreams, it’s meaning, concepts, imagery and works based on it. She’s a huge fan of surrealistic art, in which lots of paintings deal about dreaming, or allude to something unfathomable in real life. She held to that and brought that concept to Romanek, that really liked the idea and wanted to add ...

Rolling Stone - June 13, 1991 - Flesh and Fantasy - Big Time Girl Talk with Carrie Fisher

Madonna and I had met many times over the years, but we had never actually had a conversation. It took this interview to bring us together – she as icon, I as inquisitor of icon [after all, I have already distinguished myself as friend of icon, relative of icon and ex-wife of icon]. I had never done an interview before, and I don’t know that I will again. For me, this has all the makings of a waterloo. The first of the two sessions for this interview took place in the restaurant of the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles. Madonna wore gold lame; I probably wore black. The last session took place in the offices of her manager, Freddy DeMann. Madonna wore a negligee; I probably wore black. I was late for that first meeting because a friend who had AIDS and who was staying with me had suddenly developed a fever. I called Madonna to say I was on my way. “You’re late,” she informed me. I explained about my friend. “Well, okay, that’s a good excuse,” she said. By the time of our fina...