Skip to main content

Madonna on Kanye West: “I don’t always like his music, but he’s a beautiful mess. I love him.”

Interviewed by Rolling Stone Magazine, Madonna talks about Kanye West as a creative force and more. Check it out:
It’s really hard to describe Kanye in one sentence, so I may have to use several. He’s a brilliant madman. He can’t help himself. Like, he doesn’t have the same filters other people have. He has to blurt things out – he’s always saying inappropriate stuff. But he also has brilliant ideas, if you can get him to pay attention long enough, working with him in the studio. He would come and go. He would drive me bonkers, because he’s got so many things going on in his life. And this seemed to be the theme of my record, working with people who can’t get off their phone, can’t stop tweeting, can’t focus and finish a song. It drove me crazy. But when they did pay attention, it was brilliant. I was, like, running around with a butterfly net. But I feel like the music business needs him, because everyone’s become so politically correct, so safe.
Madonna has some solid advice for Kanye West, who co-produced several tracks on her new album,Rebel Heart, including the excellent “Illuminati“:
Don’t go to awards shows looking for justice. That’s like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Just go and have fun. I never got too engaged with who wins awards or not, because I don’t honestly think it’s that important. So that part of him I can’t relate to. Like, what’s the point of fighting for somebody to … like, ‘This person should have got it?’… I think sometimes he takes things too seriously.
Then she adds:
I don’t always agree with the things he says or does – I don’t always like his music, even. But he’s a beautiful mess. I love him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Madonna MDNA World Tour “Making of” by Moment Factory [Must-see Video]

It’s always an amazing feeling when we get a small glimpse of what’s happening behind the scenes at any Madonna event! Moment Factory, the Canadian team behind the  concept, visual imagery and lightning  of 12 songs of Madonna’s MDNA Tour, gives us an exclusive look at the creative process behind the MDNA Tour! We also get a more detailed view of the “Revolver” and “Gang Bang” backdrop videos! Have a look the incredible footage and enjoy! In case you missed it before…

Week of November 23, 1996: "You must love me" peaks at #18 in the Billboard Hot 100

Week of  November 23, 1996: “You must love me” peaks at #18 in the Billboard Hot 100 BILLBOARD HOT 100: “You must love me”  #18 (2 weeks) BILLBOARD COMPREHENSIVE CHARTS: HOT 100 SINGLE SALES: “You must love me”  #18 (2 weeks) HOT 100 AIRPLAY: “You must love me”  #27 (5 weeks) ADULT CONTEMPORARY: “You must love me”  #16 (3 weeks) TOP 40 MAINSTREAM: “You must love me”  #23 (4 weeks) ADULT TOP 40: “You must love me”  #24 (4 weeks)  OFFICIAL UK SINGLES TOP 100:  “You must love me”  #61   (FINAL WEEK/4 weeks) OFFICIAL UK ALBUMS TOP 100:  #31  ”Evita OST” MADONNA  (3 weeks)

Madonna Nipple During Istanbul Concert

#Madonna Flashes Titty on #MNDAtour!!! Photos, Gifs and Full Video of  Human Nature  and  Like a Virgin :  Always the burlesque girl.