Skip to main content

On This Day: June 2, 2003 Madonna's first day of shooting "Hollywood"


The music video for "Hollywood" was filmed at Universal Studios in Universal City, California and directed by Jean-Baptiste Mondino, who previously worked with Madonna on her videos for "Open Your Heart" (1986), "Justify My Love" (1990), "Human Nature" (1995), "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" (1996), and "Don't Tell Me" (2000)  In the United States, it premiered on June 23, 2003, onVH1.


Madonna Making of Hollywood Music Video Part 1


Madonna Making of Hollywood Music Video Part 2



Madonna had long been a fan of the work of French fashion photographer Guy Bourdin since about a decade ago, commenting on his photographs as "They're so sick and interesting. These girls, you have to see the look on their faces — they're really bizarre." Arianne Phillips created the costumes for the video and she described Madonna's looks as an homage to old Hollywood glamour, while trying to be literal as well as conceptual. She paid tributes to stars like Ginger Rogers, Jean Harlow andMae West. According to Mondino's own words, the concept of the video was:

"Some kind of artifice that Hollywood can provide, that is so wide and has a graphic story-line about it as well as some humor about it, and to show the beauty, the scariness, the sexiness and the loneliness that one's success can be, 'cause everybody's dreaming about Hollywood, no matter what. The expectation can be very dangerous, and maybe for somebody like Madonna, who might be at a point, to realize that to be on the top is maybe not that important. That's what I feel about the video.
The music video features Madonna in different styles and fashions. It also includes her dripping in twenty million dollars worth of vintage jewels and gowns in several transformations, including an original 25 carat ring and bracelet that was worn by West in the 1933 film, She Done Him Wrong. A real doctor (Dr. David Kish) was hired by Madonna to administer the fake shots, since she wanted to make the scenes appear real. The first day of shooting took place on June 2, 2003, and the scenes shot included the wall-of-mirrors, the massage, the botox injection and the ballet dancing sequences.The next day started with the French maid, the motel TV, the telephone conversation and the glamour shot scenes.Henry Keazor, one of the authors of Rewind, Play, Fast Forward: The Past, Present and Future of the Music Video, noted that Madonna exposed herself during the interventions portrayed in the video, by playing with the rumors and the stereotypes surrounding her.









Source:  wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_(Madonna_song)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Madonna Nipple During Istanbul Concert

#Madonna Flashes Titty on #MNDAtour!!! Photos, Gifs and Full Video of  Human Nature  and  Like a Virgin :  Always the burlesque girl.

Madonna Started Filming The "Bedtime Story" Video on December 5 1994.

The inspiration behind the video. Hello everyone! This month’s music video to be analyzed is the for “Bedtime Story”, While this video is tricky for its various sources of inspiration, it’s one of her best, if not  the   best, and an underrated one by most fans. I am sure that, after reading all of this, you’ll find yourself more in love with the true artist Madonna really is. Madonna called upon “Rain” director Mark Romanek to do the music video for “Bedtime Story” after she saw what he had done with Nine Inch Nails’ “Closer”. As she always does, she listened to the song over and over again, trying to think of a concept for a video. The theme she held on to for this one was dreams, it’s meaning, concepts, imagery and works based on it. She’s a huge fan of surrealistic art, in which lots of paintings deal about dreaming, or allude to something unfathomable in real life. She held to that and brought that concept to Romanek, that really liked the idea and wanted to add ...

Rolling Stone - June 13, 1991 - Flesh and Fantasy - Big Time Girl Talk with Carrie Fisher

Madonna and I had met many times over the years, but we had never actually had a conversation. It took this interview to bring us together – she as icon, I as inquisitor of icon [after all, I have already distinguished myself as friend of icon, relative of icon and ex-wife of icon]. I had never done an interview before, and I don’t know that I will again. For me, this has all the makings of a waterloo. The first of the two sessions for this interview took place in the restaurant of the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles. Madonna wore gold lame; I probably wore black. The last session took place in the offices of her manager, Freddy DeMann. Madonna wore a negligee; I probably wore black. I was late for that first meeting because a friend who had AIDS and who was staying with me had suddenly developed a fever. I called Madonna to say I was on my way. “You’re late,” she informed me. I explained about my friend. “Well, okay, that’s a good excuse,” she said. By the time of our fina...