Skip to main content

August 21, 2000 // Madonna's "Music" single was released on August 21, 2000, by Maverick Records.

"Music" from Madonna's eighth studio album of the same name (2000). It was released as the lead single from the album on August 21, 2000, by Maverick Records. The song was also included on the compilation albums GHV2 (2001) and Celebration (2009). Written and produced by Madonna and Mirwais Ahmadzaï, the nexus of "Music" is about people having fun at a party, while Madonna claims that music makes people come together. Musically, "Music" is a dance-pop andelectropop song which provided a cross-section of Madonna's artistic range, as she delivers electronically manipulated vocals on the song.


"Music" received positive reviews from music critics, who praised its production, catchiness and club-friendly nature of the song, also comparing it with Madonna's previous releases. "Music" peaked number one in 25 countries, including Australia, Canada, Italy, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States, becoming Madonna's twelfth and last number-one single in the region. "Music" also has the longest running number-one spot on the US Hot Dance Club Play of the 2000s decade, spending a longevity five weeks at number one. The song was the second most successful dance single of the decade in the United States, behind Madonna's own song "Hung Up", released in 2005.


Its accompanying music video, directed by Jonas Åkerlund, portrays Madonna and her friends giving a party in her limousine, driven by comedian Ali G. Madonna performed the song during the MTV Europe Music Awards 2000 and at the following year at the 43rd Annual Grammy Awards. Additionally, "Music" was also performed on the four Madonna's following concert tours. Most recently, it was performed during the halftime of the Super Bowl XLVI. "Music" was nominated at Grammy Awards in the categories of "Record of the Year" and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance in 2001.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Madonna Nipple During Istanbul Concert

#Madonna Flashes Titty on #MNDAtour!!! Photos, Gifs and Full Video of  Human Nature  and  Like a Virgin :  Always the burlesque girl.

Madonna Started Filming The "Bedtime Story" Video on December 5 1994.

The inspiration behind the video. Hello everyone! This month’s music video to be analyzed is the for “Bedtime Story”, While this video is tricky for its various sources of inspiration, it’s one of her best, if not  the   best, and an underrated one by most fans. I am sure that, after reading all of this, you’ll find yourself more in love with the true artist Madonna really is. Madonna called upon “Rain” director Mark Romanek to do the music video for “Bedtime Story” after she saw what he had done with Nine Inch Nails’ “Closer”. As she always does, she listened to the song over and over again, trying to think of a concept for a video. The theme she held on to for this one was dreams, it’s meaning, concepts, imagery and works based on it. She’s a huge fan of surrealistic art, in which lots of paintings deal about dreaming, or allude to something unfathomable in real life. She held to that and brought that concept to Romanek, that really liked the idea and wanted to add ...

Rolling Stone - June 13, 1991 - Flesh and Fantasy - Big Time Girl Talk with Carrie Fisher

Madonna and I had met many times over the years, but we had never actually had a conversation. It took this interview to bring us together – she as icon, I as inquisitor of icon [after all, I have already distinguished myself as friend of icon, relative of icon and ex-wife of icon]. I had never done an interview before, and I don’t know that I will again. For me, this has all the makings of a waterloo. The first of the two sessions for this interview took place in the restaurant of the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles. Madonna wore gold lame; I probably wore black. The last session took place in the offices of her manager, Freddy DeMann. Madonna wore a negligee; I probably wore black. I was late for that first meeting because a friend who had AIDS and who was staying with me had suddenly developed a fever. I called Madonna to say I was on my way. “You’re late,” she informed me. I explained about my friend. “Well, okay, that’s a good excuse,” she said. By the time of our fina...