Skip to main content

In the UK, December 30, 1989 "Dear Jessie" reached a peak position of number five on the chart, staying there for another two weeks.


In the United Kingdom, "Dear Jessie" debuted at number nine on the UK Singles Chart, for the issue dated December 16, 1989. After two weeks, it reached a peak position of number five on the chart, staying there for another two weeks. It was present on the UK Singles Chart for a total of nine weeks, and was certified silver by the British Phonographic Industry (BPI) for shipment of 200,000 copies of the single. According to The Official Charts Company, the song has sold 255,000 copies in the UK as of August 2008. In Australia, the song reached number 51 on the ARIA Singles Chart, remaining there for two consecutive weeks. On the international chart for Japan, "Dear Jessie" reached the top 40, but could not move up above number 25. 




In Germany, the song reached a peak of number 19 on the chart, but it remained within the German Top 100 for a total of 19 weeks. In Ireland, the song reached a peak of number three, remaining on the chart for a total of six weeks. The song failed to reach the top 20 in Austria, and was present on the chart for two weeks. It also failed to reach the top ten in Spain and Switzerland, reaching a peak of number 17 and number 16, respectively. "Dear Jessie" entered the Dutch Top 40 at number 37, ultimately reaching a peak of number 25. On the Pan-Eurochart Hot 100 Singles, compiled by Music & Media, "Dear Jessie" peaked at number nine.


Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dear_Jessie
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Madonna Nipple During Istanbul Concert

#Madonna Flashes Titty on #MNDAtour!!! Photos, Gifs and Full Video of  Human Nature  and  Like a Virgin :  Always the burlesque girl.

Madonna Started Filming The "Bedtime Story" Video on December 5 1994.

The inspiration behind the video. Hello everyone! This month’s music video to be analyzed is the for “Bedtime Story”, While this video is tricky for its various sources of inspiration, it’s one of her best, if not  the   best, and an underrated one by most fans. I am sure that, after reading all of this, you’ll find yourself more in love with the true artist Madonna really is. Madonna called upon “Rain” director Mark Romanek to do the music video for “Bedtime Story” after she saw what he had done with Nine Inch Nails’ “Closer”. As she always does, she listened to the song over and over again, trying to think of a concept for a video. The theme she held on to for this one was dreams, it’s meaning, concepts, imagery and works based on it. She’s a huge fan of surrealistic art, in which lots of paintings deal about dreaming, or allude to something unfathomable in real life. She held to that and brought that concept to Romanek, that really liked the idea and wanted to add ...

Rolling Stone - June 13, 1991 - Flesh and Fantasy - Big Time Girl Talk with Carrie Fisher

Madonna and I had met many times over the years, but we had never actually had a conversation. It took this interview to bring us together – she as icon, I as inquisitor of icon [after all, I have already distinguished myself as friend of icon, relative of icon and ex-wife of icon]. I had never done an interview before, and I don’t know that I will again. For me, this has all the makings of a waterloo. The first of the two sessions for this interview took place in the restaurant of the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles. Madonna wore gold lame; I probably wore black. The last session took place in the offices of her manager, Freddy DeMann. Madonna wore a negligee; I probably wore black. I was late for that first meeting because a friend who had AIDS and who was staying with me had suddenly developed a fever. I called Madonna to say I was on my way. “You’re late,” she informed me. I explained about my friend. “Well, okay, that’s a good excuse,” she said. By the time of our fina...