Skip to main content

May 13th, 1993 // Madonna was the headline act at the 1000th edition of "The Arsenio Hall Show".



Madonna made one of her very memorable TV appearances.

An AIDS benefit concert at the Hollywood Bowl venue in LA was organised to mark the 1000th edition of "The Arsenio Hall Show". It was Thursday May 13th 1993 and Madonna was the headline act!


Madonna performed a completely live and unique version of "Fever" complete with "big band". "Fever" was set to be the fourth single from her "Erotica" album and this appearance was also to be the TV debut of Madonna's latest hairstyle - she was red for the first time!




Later in the concert, Madonna joined Anthony Kedis from the Red Hot Chilli Peppers for another completely one-off performance - a duet of "The Lady Is A Tramp"!





The show aired on TV the following evening, Friday May 14th 1993 - and here's both performances along with a very rare CNN news report on the event and MTV-News announcing Madonna's appearance!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Madonna Nipple During Istanbul Concert

#Madonna Flashes Titty on #MNDAtour!!! Photos, Gifs and Full Video of  Human Nature  and  Like a Virgin :  Always the burlesque girl.

Madonna Started Filming The "Bedtime Story" Video on December 5 1994.

The inspiration behind the video. Hello everyone! This month’s music video to be analyzed is the for “Bedtime Story”, While this video is tricky for its various sources of inspiration, it’s one of her best, if not  the   best, and an underrated one by most fans. I am sure that, after reading all of this, you’ll find yourself more in love with the true artist Madonna really is. Madonna called upon “Rain” director Mark Romanek to do the music video for “Bedtime Story” after she saw what he had done with Nine Inch Nails’ “Closer”. As she always does, she listened to the song over and over again, trying to think of a concept for a video. The theme she held on to for this one was dreams, it’s meaning, concepts, imagery and works based on it. She’s a huge fan of surrealistic art, in which lots of paintings deal about dreaming, or allude to something unfathomable in real life. She held to that and brought that concept to Romanek, that really liked the idea and wanted to add ...

Rolling Stone - June 13, 1991 - Flesh and Fantasy - Big Time Girl Talk with Carrie Fisher

Madonna and I had met many times over the years, but we had never actually had a conversation. It took this interview to bring us together – she as icon, I as inquisitor of icon [after all, I have already distinguished myself as friend of icon, relative of icon and ex-wife of icon]. I had never done an interview before, and I don’t know that I will again. For me, this has all the makings of a waterloo. The first of the two sessions for this interview took place in the restaurant of the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles. Madonna wore gold lame; I probably wore black. The last session took place in the offices of her manager, Freddy DeMann. Madonna wore a negligee; I probably wore black. I was late for that first meeting because a friend who had AIDS and who was staying with me had suddenly developed a fever. I called Madonna to say I was on my way. “You’re late,” she informed me. I explained about my friend. “Well, okay, that’s a good excuse,” she said. By the time of our fina...