Skip to main content

On July 16, 2009, The stage at the Stade Vélodrome in Marseille collapsed, injuring eight workers and killing two.

Marseille accident

Following the tragedy, Madonna visited some of the other workers injured in the accident and went to pay her respects at the family of the deceased ones as well. She also issued the following statement: "I am devastated to have just received this tragic news. 
My prayers go out to those who were injured and their families along with my deepest sympathy to all those affected by this heartbreaking news." At her concert in Italy Madonna made an emotional tribute for the deceased technicians by saying: "I just wanted to take a moment to acknowledge and pay tribute to two people who lost their lives today, [...] It's a great tragedy to me, I feel so devastated to be in any way associated with anyone's suffering. [...] 
Let's all just take a moment to say a prayer for Charles Criscenzo and Charlie Prow. Our hearts go out to their family and loved ones.
On July 16, 2009, as workers were assembling Madonna's stage at the Stade Vélodrome in Marseille for her July 19 concert, the stage collapsed, injuring eight workers and killing two. The accident caused city officials to cancel the concert. Charles Criscenzo, a 53-year-old French worker, was killed outright in the accident, which took place at around 17:15 GMT. The other worker Charles Prow, a 23-year-old from Headingley in Leeds, died overnight at a hospital in Marseille. Firefighters said the accident occurred when the roof of the stage became unbalanced as it was being lifted by four cranes, toppling one of them. Marseille city councillor Maurice de Nocera said that the roof started shaking and then collapsed gradually. This allowed the other workers to get out in time.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Madonna Nipple During Istanbul Concert

#Madonna Flashes Titty on #MNDAtour!!! Photos, Gifs and Full Video of  Human Nature  and  Like a Virgin :  Always the burlesque girl.

Madonna Started Filming The "Bedtime Story" Video on December 5 1994.

The inspiration behind the video. Hello everyone! This month’s music video to be analyzed is the for “Bedtime Story”, While this video is tricky for its various sources of inspiration, it’s one of her best, if not  the   best, and an underrated one by most fans. I am sure that, after reading all of this, you’ll find yourself more in love with the true artist Madonna really is. Madonna called upon “Rain” director Mark Romanek to do the music video for “Bedtime Story” after she saw what he had done with Nine Inch Nails’ “Closer”. As she always does, she listened to the song over and over again, trying to think of a concept for a video. The theme she held on to for this one was dreams, it’s meaning, concepts, imagery and works based on it. She’s a huge fan of surrealistic art, in which lots of paintings deal about dreaming, or allude to something unfathomable in real life. She held to that and brought that concept to Romanek, that really liked the idea and wanted to add ...

Rolling Stone - June 13, 1991 - Flesh and Fantasy - Big Time Girl Talk with Carrie Fisher

Madonna and I had met many times over the years, but we had never actually had a conversation. It took this interview to bring us together – she as icon, I as inquisitor of icon [after all, I have already distinguished myself as friend of icon, relative of icon and ex-wife of icon]. I had never done an interview before, and I don’t know that I will again. For me, this has all the makings of a waterloo. The first of the two sessions for this interview took place in the restaurant of the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles. Madonna wore gold lame; I probably wore black. The last session took place in the offices of her manager, Freddy DeMann. Madonna wore a negligee; I probably wore black. I was late for that first meeting because a friend who had AIDS and who was staying with me had suddenly developed a fever. I called Madonna to say I was on my way. “You’re late,” she informed me. I explained about my friend. “Well, okay, that’s a good excuse,” she said. By the time of our fina...