Skip to main content

Here's What Donald Trump Had to Say About Madonna's 'Sex' Book in 1992

Kevin Mazur Archive/WireImage
Madonna photographed in 1992.
This shouldn't shock anyone, but Donald Trump was saying sexist things long before his confounding 2016 presidential run started.
Way back in 1992, when Trump was just one of many elite East Coast celebrities making the rounds on TV shows to talk shit about other celebrities, the future presidential hopeful took on the Queen of Pop.
During an Oct. 21., 1992, appearance on ABC's Nitecap -- a long-defunct late-night show where guests hawked products while chatting with hosts Robin Leach and Rae Dawn Chong -- Trump slammed Madonna's controversial book Sex, a tome filled with erotic photographs of herself and other celebrities.
No, he wasn't morally outraged by the nudity. It seems he was extremely unimpressed with her naked body. "Not great," Trump said of Madonna's book, according to an Oct. 23, 1992, article from USA Today about the TV show appearance. "I don't think you'll be impressed. If Madonna were in this room, she'd be the least attractive woman here," he told the talk show audience.
Since then, he's gone after her concerts too (even though she's one of the most reliably profitable touring acts around). "Many people walked out on Madonna's concert when she told them to vote for Obama," he tweeted on Oct. 29, 2012 -- almost 20 years to the day after slamming her on Nitecap. "Years ago I walked out because the concert was terrible!"
Safe to say Madge won't be performing at any Trump fundraisers in the future. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Madonna Nipple During Istanbul Concert

#Madonna Flashes Titty on #MNDAtour!!! Photos, Gifs and Full Video of  Human Nature  and  Like a Virgin :  Always the burlesque girl.

Madonna Started Filming The "Bedtime Story" Video on December 5 1994.

The inspiration behind the video. Hello everyone! This month’s music video to be analyzed is the for “Bedtime Story”, While this video is tricky for its various sources of inspiration, it’s one of her best, if not  the   best, and an underrated one by most fans. I am sure that, after reading all of this, you’ll find yourself more in love with the true artist Madonna really is. Madonna called upon “Rain” director Mark Romanek to do the music video for “Bedtime Story” after she saw what he had done with Nine Inch Nails’ “Closer”. As she always does, she listened to the song over and over again, trying to think of a concept for a video. The theme she held on to for this one was dreams, it’s meaning, concepts, imagery and works based on it. She’s a huge fan of surrealistic art, in which lots of paintings deal about dreaming, or allude to something unfathomable in real life. She held to that and brought that concept to Romanek, that really liked the idea and wanted to add ...

Rolling Stone - June 13, 1991 - Flesh and Fantasy - Big Time Girl Talk with Carrie Fisher

Madonna and I had met many times over the years, but we had never actually had a conversation. It took this interview to bring us together – she as icon, I as inquisitor of icon [after all, I have already distinguished myself as friend of icon, relative of icon and ex-wife of icon]. I had never done an interview before, and I don’t know that I will again. For me, this has all the makings of a waterloo. The first of the two sessions for this interview took place in the restaurant of the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles. Madonna wore gold lame; I probably wore black. The last session took place in the offices of her manager, Freddy DeMann. Madonna wore a negligee; I probably wore black. I was late for that first meeting because a friend who had AIDS and who was staying with me had suddenly developed a fever. I called Madonna to say I was on my way. “You’re late,” she informed me. I explained about my friend. “Well, okay, that’s a good excuse,” she said. By the time of our fina...