Skip to main content

JAN 12, 2012: Addressing Born This Way, Madonna said: 'When I heard it on the radio …I said that sounds very familiar.' McFadden asked if it was 'annoying', Madonna replied: 'It felt reductive.' [Watch Here]


When presenter Cynthia McFadden asked whether Madonna thought Gaga was 'copying' her, she initially praised the 25-year-old.
She said: 'She's a very talented artist.

'I certainly think she references me a lot in her work. And sometimes I think it’s amusing and flattering and well done.'
Describing Gaga's work, she added: '(Her songs seem to be a) statement about taking something that was in the Zeitgeist, you know, 20 years ago and turning it inside out and reinterpreting it...
Inspiration: Lady Gaga has admitted she is inspired by Madonna... and other artists
Inspiration: Lady Gaga has admitted she is inspired by Madonna... and other artists
Inspiration: Lady Gaga has admitted she is inspired by Madonna... and other artists
'There’s a lot of ways to look at it. I can’t really be annoyed by it... because, obviously, I’ve influenced her.'
Addressing Born This Way, which was released last February, Madonna elaborated: 'When I heard it on the radio …I said that sounds very familiar.'
When McFadden asked if it was 'annoying', Madonna replied: 'It felt reductive.'
Attempting to get Madonna to explain the word reductive - which means 'minimal' or 'crude', McFadden asked whether that was 'a good or bad thing', the singer replied: 'Look it up,' before smirking.
Dressed down: Madonna arriving at Los Angeles LAX airport on Thursday
Dressed down: Madonna arriving at Los Angeles LAX airport on Thursday
Reductive: Madonna told TV presenter Cynthia McFadden to 'look it up' after describing Born This Way as 'reductive'
Reductive: Madonna told TV presenter Cynthia McFadden to 'look it up' after describing Born This Way as 'reductive'
In an interview last year, Gaga was opened about Madonna's influence on her Born This Way album.
She said: 'I genuinely love her so much. I think she is so amazing. She could never be replicated and, yes, I’m Italian, I’m from New York, and not for nothing, it’s not my fault that I kind of look like her, right?
'So, look, if anything, it’s more annoying to me that people would insinuate that I don’t like to be compared to her… She’s wonderful and inspiring and liberating, and she’s certainly inspired my album, as did David Bowie, as did Prince, as did Michael Jackson, as did Grace Jones, and I would never take that away.'


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2086396/Madonna-finally-breaks-silence-Lady-Gagas-Born-This-Way.html#ixzz4Vb12Koj1
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Madonna Nipple During Istanbul Concert

#Madonna Flashes Titty on #MNDAtour!!! Photos, Gifs and Full Video of  Human Nature  and  Like a Virgin :  Always the burlesque girl.

Madonna Started Filming The "Bedtime Story" Video on December 5 1994.

The inspiration behind the video. Hello everyone! This month’s music video to be analyzed is the for “Bedtime Story”, While this video is tricky for its various sources of inspiration, it’s one of her best, if not  the   best, and an underrated one by most fans. I am sure that, after reading all of this, you’ll find yourself more in love with the true artist Madonna really is. Madonna called upon “Rain” director Mark Romanek to do the music video for “Bedtime Story” after she saw what he had done with Nine Inch Nails’ “Closer”. As she always does, she listened to the song over and over again, trying to think of a concept for a video. The theme she held on to for this one was dreams, it’s meaning, concepts, imagery and works based on it. She’s a huge fan of surrealistic art, in which lots of paintings deal about dreaming, or allude to something unfathomable in real life. She held to that and brought that concept to Romanek, that really liked the idea and wanted to add ...

Rolling Stone - June 13, 1991 - Flesh and Fantasy - Big Time Girl Talk with Carrie Fisher

Madonna and I had met many times over the years, but we had never actually had a conversation. It took this interview to bring us together – she as icon, I as inquisitor of icon [after all, I have already distinguished myself as friend of icon, relative of icon and ex-wife of icon]. I had never done an interview before, and I don’t know that I will again. For me, this has all the makings of a waterloo. The first of the two sessions for this interview took place in the restaurant of the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles. Madonna wore gold lame; I probably wore black. The last session took place in the offices of her manager, Freddy DeMann. Madonna wore a negligee; I probably wore black. I was late for that first meeting because a friend who had AIDS and who was staying with me had suddenly developed a fever. I called Madonna to say I was on my way. “You’re late,” she informed me. I explained about my friend. “Well, okay, that’s a good excuse,” she said. By the time of our fina...