Skip to main content

February 8th // Madonna + Gorillaz 2006 – Best Grammy Performances.


Madonna performing with animated alt band Gorillaz may not sound like the best idea. Luckily, the cartoons and the Material Girl proved all of the doubters wrong with their 2006 Grammy mashup of ‘Feel Good Inc.’ and ‘Hung Up.’


Gorillaz (aka Damon Albarn’s electro/hip-hop/rock band) were the first cartoons to ever entertain at the prestigious award show, and for such a momentous occasion, it was only appropriate that the quartet opened the ceremony with their Grammy-winning song ‘Feel Good Inc.’ In one of the coolest award show moments ever, the graphics of band members 2D, Murdoc, Russell and Noodle were projected onto the stage, and real-life rappers De La Soul even showed up for the verses.

madonna-grammys-2006-3

But the whole performance reached its pinnacle as Madge appeared. With Noodle sitting atop a stool and strumming her guitar during the song’s breakdown, a bodysuit-clad Madonna arose from the bottom of the stage and started singing her dance-y hit ‘Hung Up.’ The tunes blended so harmoniously, you’d swear they recorded them as a collabo in the first place.


madonna-grammys-2006-2


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Madonna Nipple During Istanbul Concert

#Madonna Flashes Titty on #MNDAtour!!! Photos, Gifs and Full Video of  Human Nature  and  Like a Virgin :  Always the burlesque girl.

Madonna Started Filming The "Bedtime Story" Video on December 5 1994.

The inspiration behind the video. Hello everyone! This month’s music video to be analyzed is the for “Bedtime Story”, While this video is tricky for its various sources of inspiration, it’s one of her best, if not  the   best, and an underrated one by most fans. I am sure that, after reading all of this, you’ll find yourself more in love with the true artist Madonna really is. Madonna called upon “Rain” director Mark Romanek to do the music video for “Bedtime Story” after she saw what he had done with Nine Inch Nails’ “Closer”. As she always does, she listened to the song over and over again, trying to think of a concept for a video. The theme she held on to for this one was dreams, it’s meaning, concepts, imagery and works based on it. She’s a huge fan of surrealistic art, in which lots of paintings deal about dreaming, or allude to something unfathomable in real life. She held to that and brought that concept to Romanek, that really liked the idea and wanted to add ...

Rolling Stone - June 13, 1991 - Flesh and Fantasy - Big Time Girl Talk with Carrie Fisher

Madonna and I had met many times over the years, but we had never actually had a conversation. It took this interview to bring us together – she as icon, I as inquisitor of icon [after all, I have already distinguished myself as friend of icon, relative of icon and ex-wife of icon]. I had never done an interview before, and I don’t know that I will again. For me, this has all the makings of a waterloo. The first of the two sessions for this interview took place in the restaurant of the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles. Madonna wore gold lame; I probably wore black. The last session took place in the offices of her manager, Freddy DeMann. Madonna wore a negligee; I probably wore black. I was late for that first meeting because a friend who had AIDS and who was staying with me had suddenly developed a fever. I called Madonna to say I was on my way. “You’re late,” she informed me. I explained about my friend. “Well, okay, that’s a good excuse,” she said. By the time of our fina...