Skip to main content

Oct 17, "Hung Up" was released by Madonna as the lead single from the album Confessions on a Dance Floor (2005).

"Hung Up" was written and produced by Madonna in collaboration with Stuart Price, and released as the lead single from the album. Initially used in a number of television advertisements and serials, the song was released as the album's lead single on October 17, 2005. It has also made an appearance on her 2009 greatest hits album, Celebration. It also became Madonna's first track to be released to the iTunes Store for digital download.

Image result for madonna hung up single

"Hung Up" prominently features a sample from the instrumental introduction to ABBA's hit single "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)", for which Madonna personally sought permission from ABBA's songwriters Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus. Musically the song is influenced by 1980s pop, with a chugging groove and chorus and a background element of a ticking clock that suggests the fear of wasting time. Lyrically the song is written as a traditional dance number about a strong, independent woman who has relationship troubles.Image result for madonna hung up single"Hung Up" received critical praise from reviewers, who believed that the track would restore the singer's popularity, which had diminished following the release of her 2003 album American Life. 

Image result for madonna hung up single

Critics suggested it was her best dance track to date and have compared it favorably to other Madonna tracks in the same genre. They also complimented the effective synchronization of the ABBA sample with the actual song. "Hung Up" became a worldwide commercial success, peaking atop the charts of 41 countries and earning a place in the Guinness Book of World Records. It was Madonna's 36th top 10 single on the Billboard Hot 100, tying her with Elvis Presley as the artist with most top ten hits. It also became the most successful dance song of the decade in the United States.  

Image result for madonna hung up single

"Hung Up" remains one of the best-selling singles of all time, with sales of over nine million copies worldwide.Image result for madonna hung up singleThe music video is a tribute to John Travolta, his movies and to dancing in general. Directed by Johan Renck, the clip starts with Madonna clad in a pink leotard dancing alone in a ballet studio and concludes at a gaming parlor where she dances with her backup troupe. Interspersed are scenes of people displaying their dancing skills in a variety of settings, including a Los Angeles residential neighborhood, a small restaurant and the London Underground. It also features the physical discipline Parkour. Madonna has performed the song in a number of live appearances, including as the finale number in 2006's Confessions Tour, a heavy metal-inspired arrangement in the 2008 Sticky & Sweet Tour and during the 2012 MDNA Tour where the singer performed the song while slacklining.

Time goes by so slowly (6x)


Every little thing that you say or do

I'm hung up

I'm hung up on you

Waiting for your call

Baby night and day

I'm fed up

I'm tired of waiting on you


Time goes by so slowly for those who wait

No time to hesitate

Those who run seem to have all the fun

I'm caught up

I don't know what to do


Time goes by so slowly

Time goes by so slowly

Time goes by so slowly

I don't know what to do


Every little thing that you say or do

I'm hung up

I'm hung up on you

Waiting for your call

Baby night and day

I'm fed up

I'm tired of waiting on you


Every little thing that you say or do

I'm hung up

I'm hung up on you

Waiting for your call

Baby night and day

I'm fed up

I'm tired of waiting on you


Ring ring ring goes the telephone

The lights are on but there's no-one home

Tick tick tock it's a quarter to two

And I'm done

I'm hanging up on you


I can't keep on waiting for you

I know that you're still hesitating

Don't cry for me

'cause I'll find my way

You'll wake up one day

But it'll be too late


Every little thing that you say or do

I'm hung up

I'm hung up on you

Waiting for your call

Baby night and day

I'm fed up

I'm tired of waiting on you


Every little thing that you say or do

I'm hung up

I'm hung up on you

Waiting for your call

Baby night and day

I'm fed up

I'm tired of waiting on you


Every little thing, every little thing

I'm hung up

I'm hung up on you

Waiting for your call, waiting for your call

I'm fed up

I'm tired of waiting on you


Time goes by so slowly (4x)

So slowly (14x)

I don't know what to do


Every little thing that you say or do

I'm hung up

I'm hung up on you

Waiting for your call

Baby night and day

I'm fed up

I'm tired of waiting on you


Every little thing that you say or do

I'm hung up

I'm hung up on you

Waiting for your call

Baby night and day

I'm fed up

I'm tired of waiting on you


Every little thing, every little thing

I'm hung up

I'm hung up on you

Waiting for your call, waiting for your call

I'm fed up

I'm tired of waiting on you


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On July 10 1985, The Playboy magazine issue of nude Madonna photos was released !!

Playboy  publishes nude photos of  Madonna  taken before she was famous. The singer did a number of nude photo shoots from 1977-1980, starting when she was an 18-year-old student at the University of Michigan looking for some extra cash and trying to form a band. Now a huge star,  Playboy  publishes some of the shots taken in 1979 and 1980 in a revealing spread. A year earlier, the magazine turned down nude photos of Miss America winner  Vanessa Williams , which their rival  Penthouse  published. "We think Vanessa genuinely didn't know what she was doing, didn't know her photos might be published," the article states. "Madonna, on the other hand, posed repeatedly for two noted photographers who routinely publish what they shoot." One of the photographers, Lee Friedlander, says of the shoot: "She seemed very confident, a street-wise girl." Madonna has little to say on the matter, but doesn't shy away. "I'm not ashamed,&q

Madonna's ex Carlos Leon marries designer Betina Holte...and daughter Lourdes attends the wedding

Her father Carlos Leon split from her mother Madonna in 1996, shortly after she was born. But Lourdes Leon clearly bears no ill will towards the 47-year-old personal trainer. The 16-year-old was seen attending Carlos' wedding to Zac Posen designer Betina Holte recently in Denmark. I do: Madonna's ex Carlos Leon recently wed designer Betina Holte in Gillelje, Denmark, and his daughter Lourdes attended the ceremony  Daddy's girl: Lourdes Leon looked pretty in a black floral frock as she left the church  The high school student wore a pretty navy blue floral dress and wedge heels, covering her head with a scarf. She was seen giggling with a friend outside the picturesque church in the Denmark town of Gillelje. Carlos, meanwhile, grinned widely as he posed with his beautiful blonde wife inside the church.  Handsome couple: Betina looked gorgeous in her slim-fitting gown, while Carlos looked typically striking in a grey suit  She's got

September 24 1992, Madonna baring her breasts and blowing kisses, At The Jean-Paul Gaultier fashion show.

September 24 1992,   Madonna baring her breasts and blowing kisses, Billy Idol in double leather... we explore the fashion show that raised $700,000 for AIDS research Jean Paul Gaultier  is renowned for many things – his exceptional tailoring, his conical bras, his impassioned approach to sociopolitcal causes in fashion – and, on September 2, 1992, all of these elements united for a show that definitely mattered. In honour of  amFAR  (The American Foundation for AIDS Research), Gaultier held a fashion benefit whose runway included everything from lip-synching to Dr Ruth dressed in rubber to raise money for a cause that devastated (and continues to devastate) communities around the world. "Tonight will be about protection... wear rubber and protect yourself!" – Jean Paul Gaultier "Tonight will be about protection... wear rubber and protect yourself!" explained Gaultier before the show. "I think fashion can make people think... and what will be im