Skip to main content

Madonna at the 30th Annual GLAAD Media Awards (May 4, 2019) Video's and More..

RepostBy @madonna 
“Madame ❌ Getting ready for the. Glaad awards…….. 🏳️‍🌈”« Madame ❌ The walking. 


Madonna gave an emotional speech at the 2019 GLAAD Media Awards as she accepted the Advocate for Change Award.
The singer, 60, has long been a pioneer in advocating for LGBTQ rights and in her speech, spoke of finding acceptance in the gay community at a time when she felt like she did not 'fit in'.     
Madonna looked incredible in a military style blazer as she attended the star-studded event at the Hilton Midtown in New York on Saturday night.











#madonna with President & CEO of #glaad

The queen of pop Madonna at the red carpet at the GLAAD Awards, after receiving well-deserved “Advocate For Change” award. She’s the 1st woman ever to get this honor!



“This is who I am, like it or not”
#Madonna #GLAADawards #MadameX


With my friends Rosie and Mykki…………. 
The proud owner of a Glaad award! 🏳️‍🌈 » -Madonna

Madonna at the 30th Annual GLAAD Media Awards: “We choose love, and we will not give up.”



“This is who I am, like it or not!”

@madonna with @stevenkleinstudio and @visionaaron at #GLAADAwards 


'He was my ballet teacher in high school and he was the first person that believed in me, that made me feel special as a dancer, as an artist and as a human being. 
'I know this sounds trivial and superficial, but he was the first man to tell me I was beautiful.'
Speech: The singer, 60, has long been a pioneer for LGBTQ rights and in her speech, spoke of finding acceptance in the gay community at a time when she felt like she did not 'fit in'
Speech: The singer, 60, has long been a pioneer for LGBTQ rights and in her speech, spoke of finding acceptance in the gay community at a time when she felt like she did not 'fit in'
Madonna told how Christopher encouraged her to move to New York City and pursue her dreams of being in the music industry.
He also took her to her first gay club where she no longer felt like an outsider. 
He said: 'For the first time I saw men kissing men, girls dressed like boys, boys wearing hot pants, insane, incredible dancing and a kind of freedom and joy and happiness that I had never seen before.
'I finally felt like I was not alone, that it was OK to be different and to not be like everybody else. And that after all, I was not a freak. I felt at home, and it gave me hope.
She said: 'The first gay man I ever met was named Christopher Flynn. 'He was my ballet teacher in high school and he was the first person that believed in me'
She said: 'The first gay man I ever met was named Christopher Flynn. 'He was my ballet teacher in high school and he was the first person that believed in me'
She added: 'I know this sounds trivial and superficial, but he was the first man to tell me I was beautiful'
She added: 'I know this sounds trivial and superficial, but he was the first man to tell me I was beautiful'
Pals: Madonna embraced actress and comedian Rosie O'Donnell, who spoke about how she sought advice from Madonna when she wanted to come out
Pals: Madonna embraced actress and comedian Rosie O'Donnell, who spoke about how she sought advice from Madonna when she wanted to come out 
After moving to New York, Madonna learned about the AIDS epidemic.
'The plague that moved in like a black cloud over New York City and in a blink of an eye,' she said and snapped her fingers, 'took out all of my friends.
'After I lost my best friend and roommate Martin Burgoyne and then Keith Haring - happy birthday Keith - I decided to take up the bull horn and really fight back.'
Madonna, teary-eyed from her seat, received the award from Anderson Cooper, Mykki Blanco and Rosie O'Donnell, who gave a powerful speech about how Madonna helped her become more comfortable in her own skin.
'So here I was - VG, very gay - dating a man and I went to Madonna for advice,' said Rosie, who co-starred in 1992's A League of Their Own with the singer. 
Memories: Madonna told how her dance teacher Christopher encouraged her to move to New York City and pursue her dreams of being in the music industry
Edit
Memories: Madonna told how her dance teacher Christopher encouraged her to move to New York City and pursue her dreams of being in the music industry
Past: After moving to New York, Madonna learned about the AIDS epidemic
Past: After moving to New York, Madonna learned about the AIDS epidemic 
She said: 'The plague that moved in like a black cloud over New York City and in a blink of an eye' and added it: 'took out all [her] friends'
She said: 'The plague that moved in like a black cloud over New York City and in a blink of an eye' and added it: 'took out all [her] friends'
Guests: Madonna, teary-eyed from her seat, received the award from Anderson Cooper, Mykki Blanco and Rosie O'Donnell
Guests: Madonna, teary-eyed from her seat, received the award from Anderson Cooper, Mykki Blanco and Rosie O'Donnell
'I was questioning and unsure, my gay life was blossoming but I didn't quite know what to do. And she told me, "Rosie, just follow your heart" - advice I still follow to this day.'
Madonna recently spoke to British Vogue about some of the obstacles she has faced during her career, including ageism. 
She said: 'People have always been trying to silence me for one reason or another, whether it's that I'm not pretty enough, I don't sing well enough, I'm not talented enough, I'm not married enough, and now it's that I'm not young enough.
She said: ''After I lost my best friend and roommate Martin Burgoyne and then Keith Haring - happy birthday Keith - I decided to take up the bull horn and really fight back'
She said: ''After I lost my best friend and roommate Martin Burgoyne and then Keith Haring - happy birthday Keith - I decided to take up the bull horn and really fight back'
Bash: Madonna attended the star-studded event at the Hilton Midtown in New York on Saturday night
Bash: Madonna attended the star-studded event at the Hilton Midtown in New Yo





 Madame ❌ Celebrating her Glaad award 🏳️‍🌈 ❤


Make like Madonna wearing an embellished Elizabeth Emanuel jacket

Madonna attended the 2019 GLAAD Media Awards this week where she won the Advocate for Change Award, but here at Fashion Finder, we think she deserves one for her look too.
The singer wore this instantly eye-catching jacket by Elizabeth Emanuel, which is from her new ‘The Paris 1902’ Couture Collection.
It’s no secret that Madonna loves her jackets and over her fashionable years she’s has worn quite a few, most recently by Moschino and Alexandre Vauthier, but this embellished military-inspired number has to be her best by far. It’s a custom design to fit Madonna’s taste, but still stands out from the crowd.
Fancy checking out the collection? Then just click right. Alternatively, recreate another one of Madonna’s looks by shopping jackets from the carousel. No matter your budget you can look vogue in Saint Laurent, Very or Urban Mist.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On July 10 1985, The Playboy magazine issue of nude Madonna photos was released !!

Playboy  publishes nude photos of  Madonna  taken before she was famous. The singer did a number of nude photo shoots from 1977-1980, starting when she was an 18-year-old student at the University of Michigan looking for some extra cash and trying to form a band. Now a huge star,  Playboy  publishes some of the shots taken in 1979 and 1980 in a revealing spread. A year earlier, the magazine turned down nude photos of Miss America winner  Vanessa Williams , which their rival  Penthouse  published. "We think Vanessa genuinely didn't know what she was doing, didn't know her photos might be published," the article states. "Madonna, on the other hand, posed repeatedly for two noted photographers who routinely publish what they shoot." One of the photographers, Lee Friedlander, says of the shoot: "She seemed very confident, a street-wise girl." Madonna has little to say on the matter, but doesn't shy away. "I'm not ashamed,&q

Madonna's ex Carlos Leon marries designer Betina Holte...and daughter Lourdes attends the wedding

Her father Carlos Leon split from her mother Madonna in 1996, shortly after she was born. But Lourdes Leon clearly bears no ill will towards the 47-year-old personal trainer. The 16-year-old was seen attending Carlos' wedding to Zac Posen designer Betina Holte recently in Denmark. I do: Madonna's ex Carlos Leon recently wed designer Betina Holte in Gillelje, Denmark, and his daughter Lourdes attended the ceremony  Daddy's girl: Lourdes Leon looked pretty in a black floral frock as she left the church  The high school student wore a pretty navy blue floral dress and wedge heels, covering her head with a scarf. She was seen giggling with a friend outside the picturesque church in the Denmark town of Gillelje. Carlos, meanwhile, grinned widely as he posed with his beautiful blonde wife inside the church.  Handsome couple: Betina looked gorgeous in her slim-fitting gown, while Carlos looked typically striking in a grey suit  She's got

September 24 1992, Madonna baring her breasts and blowing kisses, At The Jean-Paul Gaultier fashion show.

September 24 1992,   Madonna baring her breasts and blowing kisses, Billy Idol in double leather... we explore the fashion show that raised $700,000 for AIDS research Jean Paul Gaultier  is renowned for many things – his exceptional tailoring, his conical bras, his impassioned approach to sociopolitcal causes in fashion – and, on September 2, 1992, all of these elements united for a show that definitely mattered. In honour of  amFAR  (The American Foundation for AIDS Research), Gaultier held a fashion benefit whose runway included everything from lip-synching to Dr Ruth dressed in rubber to raise money for a cause that devastated (and continues to devastate) communities around the world. "Tonight will be about protection... wear rubber and protect yourself!" – Jean Paul Gaultier "Tonight will be about protection... wear rubber and protect yourself!" explained Gaultier before the show. "I think fashion can make people think... and what will be im